1st, 1997, the Internet Society - Bulgaria announces the
opening of a National Program for the Internet in
Bulgaria. The program is developed in the following
1. Design of web pages for NGOs'
- each organization can apply for design of a free
web page. ISOC-Bulgaria's appointed commission
will define which organizations are winners,
depending on the project of content these
organization supply in written form. For example:
the Ministry of Culture wants to have a web page
for the National Art Gallery. What they need to
do is the following: a) provide a project
(written) of what the content of this page should
be; b) [after approving the project] supply all
necessary information on 3.5" diskettes,
including also pictures of the paintings or
master pieces to be included in the page)
- the web pages will be published at our site.
2. Offering to citizens and NGOs web space in
the public domain www.isoc.bg
- each citizen of Bulgaria, as well as NGOs,
newspapers, magazines, radio and tv stations,
govermental institutions has the right to
participate in thir program.
- each applicant is provided with web space (pages
may be limited in Mb) to place the web page they
- the content of the page can not be censured, nor
can be ISOC-Bulgaria liable or responsible for
3. Organization of seminars, conferences,
supply of the mass media with information
- in this field ISOC-Bulgaria is looking for
lecturers, professors, Internet gurus, as well as
organizations with suitable halls for the
- journalist, who have permanent interest in the
Internet field can call ISOC-Bulgaria or ISOC.ORG offices
for news, connections with other organizations,
ISPs, interviews, comments, etc.
4. Ensure local access point for ISPs in Sofia
- The Internet Society - Bulgaria is encouraging
all interested parties to join in developing a local POP for all
Internauts to use. We are strongly for the initiative of spnet.net, gocis.bg,
and other ISPs which have interconnected at higher speeds in order to provide
- We offer every ISP access to the local access point in order
to route local traffic in Sofia and the country.
5. Preparation of "Whoiswho in
- Because of the many different discussions about
the ISP in Bulgaria, we offer the organization of
a National ISP Whoiswho directory. It will
include access points, speeds, backup routes,
- We offer unification of the criteria, which a
company has to face in order to be able to become
an ISP in order to protect the end users, while
there's no a Law for protecting the customers.
- We offer also to create written rules
(netiquette), to be followed by the national ISPs
with regard to better services offered and better
education for our children.
6. Awards for web-pages. See more information at our site.
- this part of the program is being already done by
Internet Society - Bulgaria asks each interested party
to send proposals for changes and additions to: email@example.com.
The Internet Society -
Bulgaria is an NGO, which supports the development of the
Internet and promotes free exchange of information
Open for members with no difference based on race, sex or
religion, the Internet Society - Bulgaria is among the
leaders of the Internet revolution. In Bulgaria the ISOC
is supporting the Agency for Bulgarians abroad,
hospitals, mass medias, as well as children with
malfunctioning hearing and eyesight.
You can learn more details at phone 9809666, phone/fax
9806431 and in the Internet at:
Warning! The name
Internet Society - Bulgaria, and the logo are registered
marks of the Internet Society - Bulgaria and can not be
used without prior written permission!